Jim E. Warnes
Jim is a member of the Oglala Lakota (Sioux) Nation. His mom Beverly grew up on Pine Ridge
Reservation and is an administrator for South Dakota State University College of Nursing and his
dad, Jim Sr. worked in international business finance. His brother Don Warne, MD, is Chair of
INMED at University of North Dakota.
Jim earned a BS from Arizona State University and MS and a Post-Graduate Certificate from San Diego State University (SDSU). Jim created and administered continuing Ed programs at SDSU
Interwork Institute from 1993-2015.
Jim has written nearly 40 million in grants and contracts.
Currently Jim is the Community Engagement Director at University of South Dakota (USD)
Center for Disabilities, Oyate` Circle at Sanford School of Medicine.
He is an Instructor at USD in Pediatrics.
Jim wrote several grants for University of South Dakota and Sinte Gleska University to establish Tribal College, organizational and state partnerships.
Jim is also President of his consulting firm, Warrior Society Development, LLC. He works with
various government agencies, organizations and Tribal Nations.
Jim is a motivational speaker has experience with Indian Country Advocacy, Congressional Testimonies, Cultural Diversity, Film Production, Acting, Stunts, Professional Football, Youth Athletic/Life Skills Camps, Grant and Organizational Development and Higher Education Administration. His WSD Productions Film
Division produced “7th Generation” an Award-Winning documentary Jim produced and wrote.
Memberships, Honors, Features and Press Include:
• Member Tempe All-City Hall of Fame Tempe, Arizona Induction March 25, 2019
• 2017 Native American Alumnus of the Year Arizona State University Native Alumni
• Congressional Senate Oversight Hearing Testimony, Washington DC. May 5, 2011
• National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA) Chairman’s Leadership Award, 2009
• Member American Indian Athletic Hall of Fame; Lawrence, KS. Inducted 2004
• UCSD Chancellor’s Community Advisory Board:
• Featured on C-Span, “American Indian Stereotypes in Sports”, Phoenix, AZ. Jan 30, 2015
• “7th Generation” 16 - Film Festival Awards: Cinema on the Bayou, Louisiana; LA Cinema
Festival of Hollywood; IndieFest Awards; Hollywood Int’l Moving Pictures Festival and LA
Film & Script Festival; California Film Awards, Coronado; Flathead Lake Int’l CinemaFest,
Montana; People’s Film Festival, New York; Culture & Diversity FF, CA; Oniros FF, Aosta,
Italy; Caorle FF, Italy; Nice IFF France; Central States IFF, Illinois; Hollywood Blvd FF
• “7th Generation” WSD Productions
• Press Articles: https://www.warrior-society.com Go to Press Link for News and Articles